Postby Jason » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:25 am

wbdu

I pick up my Lxi early Feb. I just sold my RLx. At present, I go out with a mate who has a 03 Rlxi with 335 Monsoon. I can say that I have never experienced the submarine problem you describe. Yes the nose does duck dive if you turn back on your own wake, but, I buried my RLx nose several times when not concentrating. Not sure why your mates bow dives when backing off the gas. I think it has something to do with the 200kg in the bow.

We currently run the following, 250kg sack each side of the engine and a 80 to 100kg sack in the centre ski locker and 3 to 5 people in the boat. Nothing else, no wedge. My mate was actually pulled up on the Hawkesbury last week by the Waterways and was instructed to empty his sacks. Apparently the waterways in Sydney are starting to watch how much weight people carry.

If you were looking at buying a wakeboard specific boat, you would not buy a Rlxi. The boat is not really designed for wakeboarding.

But horses for courses I suppose. I went with the Rlxi as I ski and foot more than I wakeboard.
Jason
Blender

Postby cts » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:06 pm

ive never put the wedge down on my response, dont like the shape at all.
All we run is 3x 20ltr drums up the front and a weight that weighs about 20kgs which i also use for an anchor so in total its about 80kgs up the front bow so not much at all. in the back there is a 250ltr sac each side of the engine and one across the back. Weve tried a few things and found that this works best. Speed at about 27-28mph and 75ft line.

Then for wake surfing all we have is one sac down one side of the engine (natural or switch) and one across the back and it works fine.

Garry Goodtimes!!!!! Wish i was out there now.
cts
Tantrum

Postby wbdu » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:50 pm

I see Jason, Scott's got a little bit more weight in his though, the main culprit is the 1200KG in lead he's got in there:
300KG each side of engine
300-400KG in the back and with that much weight needs 150-200KG sac in the bow to keep the wake shape out the back.
I think that monsoon engine helps you too, EFI is a must in wake boats, they got sold a 310HP Vortec carby engine in their RLXi.

I think they should have got a wakesetter ! or another big boat

Hey cts - - 27-28mph? that damn fast - Randy Harris fast
can do you do any handle pass tricks at that speed??
we run down around 22-24mph
wbdu
Raley

Postby Steve » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:36 pm

Wbdu,

That is a lot of lead to be running, if some of it was water (yeah I know, it takes up more space, but at least you can pump it out if things get ugly), it would be a touch safer. Does he tow the boat with that much lead in it??? That can't be good for the trailers springs or bearings. Maybe he doesn't have far to go to the ramp, I don't know the full story, I would be a little concerned if it was anymore than 10 mintue drive...

None the less, with that much lead, you can kiss goodbye your insurance if anything happens... be it on the water or on the road...

Sorry, I'm bored & this is just my .02c

Steve
Steve
Temper Tantrum
Mastercraft Owner

Postby cts » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:00 pm

wbdu, i would think 22-24 would be to slow.
28 probly would be to fast for doing big spins i suppose but im not to crash hot at spinning anyway, just 3's. Good for doing big grabs and rolls but.

Good dammmmm thats alot of lead to be putting in a response, not only stress on the trailer but brakes on the trailer and even more brakes on the car!!!! How long does it take to get up on the plane. At least sac are the same bouyncy with the water if you have an accident, with lead that puppy will sink straight to the bottom.
cts
Tantrum

Postby Josh » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:03 pm

wbdu, I ride at 28mph too. Thats behind a VLX, it's different with other boats.

It's fast, but it does feel really good, especially on a longer line. Anything slower than 25mph and I feel like I'm sinking now.
+ DOWNLOAD IN-TRANSIT NOW! + ALLIANCE & RIDERS CHOICE VIDEO OF THE YEAR + TRANSWORLD VIDEO SECTION OF THE YEAR +

www.buyintransit.com

Support independent wakeboard companies.
Josh
Vulcan

Postby cts » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:28 pm

im feel the same way as josh, under about 25 and it feels like your sinking and i feel it wears you out faster trying more to keep your self afloat.
must be a pretty huge wake riding like that though.
cts
Tantrum

Postby wbdu » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:34 pm

Out response takes about 3 seconds to pull you out with over a tonne of weight Wdge up or 700KG + Wedge down.
The other boats aren't quite as quick to get up, but they're not too bad.

There are 3 Malibu Responses on the Brisbane River with over 1 tonne of weight, also Ebo's Air Nautique runs 1200KG, Scotty's Response LXi 1200KG, and Greg and Trav's Nemisis also with a tonne, and I do know of an old Sportster that once had 1500KG in it!!! - almost sank that day !!

We're all pretty expereinced and sensible though, they are $50K+ boats after all,
I did see a Response sink last year, it was unweighted !!! People on board were just too inexperienced & acting stupid to be in control of that machine - but you learn and we got a wicked video.
Anywho,
We live between the Jindalee boat ramp and a servo so we only tow about 500m to the ramp and then 1KM back to the servo and 500M home.

Our trailer is fu!@@$ but hey, are you gonna load a tonne of lead in & out of your boat everyday ?

As long as you've got a 4WD it's all GOLD
wbdu
Raley

Postby wbdu » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:38 pm

Oh yeah,

If any one of these boats sink, all of us will be in after it to salvage the lead - that sh!ts $1.30/KG! - and we don't want insurance to see :)
wbdu
Raley

Postby Jason » Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:16 pm

WBDU

No wonder your mates Rlxi wants to play submarine games. The penny has now dropped. 1200kg of lead and 200kg sack in the bow seems to me to be a lot of weight.

Mate i dont think the Rlxi is a boat, I just think your mates expectations of a boat overloaded to the house are far too high.

As for towing it around, the boat and trailer weigh 2090kg plus the lead 1200kg thats 3290kg. Thats mad !!
Jason
Blender

Postby wbdu » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:35 am

Yeah Jason it's pretty crazy up here on the Brissie.

Most of us only leave about 600-800KG in the boat when towing, but sometimes we'll prefill the fat sacs (if not running wedge) at home before heading out so I guess that puts towing up at 1 tonne weight + 2 tonne boat&trailer + the 2 tonne 4WD - MAN that's one crazy roadtrain!! Yeah!!
the 4WDs love it though, begging for more !
wbdu
Raley

Postby wbdu » Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:40 pm

Load up = Wake up

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!
wbdu
Raley

Previous

• Advertisement