Winter boat mods

Postby jakeyhamer » Mon May 01, 2017 9:42 am

After not owning a wake boat last year I finally got another wake boat. I picked up 04 mastercraft xstar, my favourite hull shape.
After using it for a couple months I want to fix a few things to make it more enjoyable when on the water.

First thing I have done is put some surf pockets on the bimini. I have foam wakesurf boards and they dont fit in the racks. Thanks to cody at flatwater covers for doing a great job

The 10 year old clarion stereo isn't going to cut it these days. I got a rockford fosgate digital amp and a pair of 8" towers speakers and a pair of 6.5" speakers to fill the existing pods. I used all rockford products in my pontoon boat last year and they sound great. Just need to get a bluetooth headunit and I will be happy for now.

I want to tint the windows to keep the glare and heat down in summer. Has anyone tinted their windows before? I'm thinking 20%.

And maybe if the budget extends I will replace the carpet with seadek.

What is everyone else doing to their boats?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jakeyhamer
Raley

Re: Winter boat mods

Postby JBWake » Tue May 02, 2017 3:29 pm

Surf pockets look great!
Brownie knows boats!
JBWake
Pete Rose
Nautique Owner

Postby MACH6 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:19 pm

Yeah those surf board pockets area a great idea.

I think I will sew a set into my bimini, might make it so a few different things can fit in there.

Might as well make a couple of pockets on the underside for towels etc while I'm at it....
MACH6

Postby jakeyhamer » Thu May 04, 2017 10:14 pm

Just have to be careful how much weight you put up there as it wasn't designed for it. I have noticed a bit more movement when travelling over 30mph, but my boats a wake boat and rarely gets to those speeds. Also the make sure you place the pockets in the right position so the curve of the board matches the shape of bimini so theres no unnecessary stress of the material
jakeyhamer
Raley

Postby waysouth » Fri May 05, 2017 7:31 pm

I think you're a bit early calling, I'll keep riding on nice weekend days until the lifts start spinning....

Nice work on the surf pockets looks like a cost effective modification, I'd like to do a few mods to my boat I just need motivation to make it happen.
waysouth
Blind 3

Postby jakeyhamer » Sun May 07, 2017 10:46 pm

waysouth wrote:I think you're a bit early calling, I'll keep riding on nice weekend days until the lifts start spinning....

Nice work on the surf pockets looks like a cost effective modification, I'd like to do a few mods to my boat I just need motivation to make it happen.

hard to find people to get on the boat in the colder weather. Easier to get down to melbourne cable park on the odd days of good weather.

Its not easy for me to get things done on the boat as its stored 3 hours away on the river. When i do get a chance to get up there I dont want to be spending half the day fixing things
jakeyhamer
Raley

Postby Simba » Sat May 20, 2017 6:14 pm

jakey hamer did you sell your MB ? I think it was you that had one right ? apologies if i got that wrong
Member 7769
Simba

Postby jakeyhamer » Sun May 21, 2017 10:19 pm

Simba wrote:jakey hamer did you sell your MB ? I think it was you that had one right ? apologies if i got that wrong

yes I sold that back in spring 2015 when I snapped my acl. I wanted to get back into another mb but after spending time in some bigger boats I dont think I'll ever own a boat smaller than a 22 foot boat. There's not many f22 tomcats in aus and especially 2nd handaswell
jakeyhamer
Raley

• Advertisement