Postby Jasper » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:04 pm

aussie_stu wrote:looks like you boys had a ball, love the look of the black "skaten" one 8)

yeah it looked fantastic!! The black looked so deep and the purple really jumps out. it looked very mean on the water. sounded cool too with the 6.

yeah i'm very keen to do it again soon but maybe somewhere less crowded. maybe lake st clair or somewhere like that.

you mexicans should definitely do one!! its a great way to put faces to names, meet new people and check out some of these cool old boats up close. it's worth it!
Jasper
Slurpee

Postby bdh1974 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:39 pm

Jasper, I would be keen for a camping weekend at Lake St Clair. I use to camp & ski there about 15-20 years. Plenty of room to move.

I have pulled the prop & shaft out of the boat & dropped them off at Porters in Parramatta to have them checked. I have a new skeg bush to put in also, as the last one was visibly worn on top & bottom. I am hoping they come & say both are straight. And it was only the bush causing the vibration.

I think going forward I am going to anchor a float & tie boat up away from shore, it looks like the constant bashing up & down on the prop has caused this little issue. These things happen so not too worried.
bdh1974
Tantrum
Flightcraft Owner

Postby nevergrew » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:36 pm

bdh1974 wrote:it looks like the constant bashing up & down on the prop has caused this little issue

Brad - if the Butterfly Farm is your local, I'm not surprised your boat has copped a bashing from it being beached. My local "surf" beach has equal swell hitting its shores 8O 8O :lol: Mine has generous transom freeboard and I still saw rollers smashing into it and water going in over the back 8O
nevergrew
Ozmosis 7
Nautique Owner

Postby lewy71 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:33 pm

Clinkerfest 10 was a huge hit. Jasper thanks for taking the bull by the horns and planning this event. It was great to meet up with everybody even if I could never remember their real names found it easier to use their wake alias. sorry :oops:

The weather conditions were perfect the only problem was that since it was such a nice day everyone in Sydney who owned a skiboat must have been at Windsor. The river was a mass of rollers making it very hard to get a decent set going. There was the typical crazy driving and silly antics.

These conditions did not suit low free board clinkers very well but everyone gave it a shot.

Really enjoyed checking out these old boats and talking to the owners. They were really genuine nice people. Will get my pictures up soon even have video of Nevergrew behind the SN but missed the set where he put his tricks together.

Like the idea of a camping trip set the date and I will be there.

Thanks everyone for a great day.
lewy71
Crow-Mobe

Postby lewy71 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:37 pm

Pictures
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lewy71
Crow-Mobe

Postby lewy71 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:23 am

Last edited by lewy71 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
lewy71
Crow-Mobe

Postby schills » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:13 am

Great little vid there Lewy!!! :)

Looks like you guys had a great weekend , congrats on getting it together!
schills
Whirly
Super Owner

Postby nevergrew » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:31 pm

lewy71 wrote:Clinkerfest 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06gEuNGX9g0

Great vid Mark !! That rider looks mighty cautious of that wake ! Casing it over and over...... :oops:
nevergrew
Ozmosis 7
Nautique Owner

Postby Jasper » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:56 pm

nice Lewy!!! still cant get over that wall of water created by that SN. I've got some cool video of Nevergrew wakesurfing but i'm too retarded to be able to post it. i can email it to you if you like though.

think my wife is regretting letting me go last weekend. i've spent the rest of the week looking at SN2001s and MC stars and stripes!! might have to be a trip to the states sometime soon......
Jasper
Slurpee

Postby HzSandman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:23 am

Another victim of the SN2001's , nice! Do it Jasper, but I wouldnt go the stars and stripes though for a wakeboat as they have to be heavily loaded to get a good wake. They do have an awesome ski wake and all glass construction from mid 80's so dont have any rot issues to worry about like the nautiques of the same era.

Were you running any weight in the boat in the vid lewy ?
Axis Wake Research
DWC Marine Audio
Wrap My Ride

Insta @dankempster
HzSandman
Pete Rose

Postby Jasper » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:26 pm

HzSandman wrote:Another victim of the SN2001's , nice! Do it Jasper, but I wouldnt go the stars and stripes though for a wakeboat as they have to be heavily loaded to get a good wake. They do have an awesome ski wake and all glass construction from mid 80's so dont have any rot issues to worry about like the nautiques of the same era.

Were you running any weight in the boat in the vid lewy ?

most of my crew ski and i only wakeskate so im not after a monster wake so think the stars and stripes would be perfect. unfortunately my wife doesnt think we need 3 boats so I'l have to finish my current project and sell GRUMPY to get the greenlight for one.

this is the sort of thing i'm looking for though:

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=23616

love the blue ones and i think the 440 would go nuts!! i'd be a bit concerned though as to how well this has been treated (even though it looks pretty tidy) as that spray job on the engine either shows a careless owner or a hasty "tidy up" for sale..... still like it though :D
Jasper
Slurpee

Postby Matty4 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:46 pm

I hope the typo in the title of the video isn't an omen of things to come with some of those older boats you all have....haha.

"Cinkerfest 2010"............lol
Matty4
Tantrum
Malibu Owner

Postby nevergrew » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:50 pm

Yes !! Damn you Lewy for bringing that SN along, I'm also guilty of a few sneak looks in Boatpoint :) I would prefer buying local though (Australia) and would be interested in something like this http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-s ... ?R=8353053
nevergrew
Ozmosis 7
Nautique Owner

Postby lewy71 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:39 pm

[quote="HzSandman"]Were you running any weight in the boat in the vid lewy ?[/quote]

No only people 5 in total. 22mph GPS. Had the rope long on that run on the video. Shortened it 6' on a latter run and Nevergrew was busting some nice moves. The wake is more than enough for my level. When we have run 3 X 150L, one each side of the engine and one in the rear plus 80kg in the bow the wake is off the dial.
We have been fine tuning our surfing wake and found 2 X 150L in rear 150 down observer side with 80Kg in bow and at least 2-3 larger passengers to fine tune. (10-11mph)
lewy71
Crow-Mobe

Postby HzSandman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:11 pm

Thanks Lewy, I'm not running any weight yet, but want to....I cant run ballast at one of our riding spots so havent bothered to get any sacs. I might have to make a false floor :)
Axis Wake Research
DWC Marine Audio
Wrap My Ride

Insta @dankempster
HzSandman
Pete Rose

Postby poida97 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:05 am

lol - after a clinker meet, most of the discussion seems to be about changing over to a non-clinker! Thanks Mark!
Personally I like the idea of a wood-free, rearmount Nautique or similar with lots of freeboard.
We mostly ski so a pre-"purpose-built for wakeboarding" boat would be ideal, ie the late 80's to mid 90's. While they'd probably not be too crash-hot for a run through a slalom course, it should be fine for freestyle skiing. The social layout of a V-drive setup would be worth sacrificing the tournament-quality wake.
Do any of the Nautique experts on here know if the '93 Nautique Excel (AKA Barefoot) has fibreglass stringers? Or was it the last of the wood stringer boats?
I didn't realise MC went all-fibreglass as early as the mid eighties, so that's another option.
I'll be over in the states this time next week, I can see myself daydreaming and looking at boats that I am in no position to buy just yet!
poida97

Postby Chopper » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:35 am

I'm no expert, but as I understand it, Correct Craft changed from the timber stringer system to the composite stringer system in 1993 across the board.

At least that what their advertising at the time seems to say. :D
Chopper
Vulcan
Nautique Owner

Postby Chopper » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:36 am

HzSandman wrote:Thanks Lewy, I'm not running any weight yet, but want to....I cant run ballast at one of our riding spots so havent bothered to get any sacs. I might have to make a false floor :)

Lead bars. 8)
Chopper
Vulcan
Nautique Owner

Postby HzSandman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:50 pm

Chopper wrote:
HzSandman wrote:Thanks Lewy, I'm not running any weight yet, but want to....I cant run ballast at one of our riding spots so havent bothered to get any sacs. I might have to make a false floor :)

Lead bars. 8)

Correct. :) If only I didnt have to trailer it around. Sourcing some lead as we speak.
Axis Wake Research
DWC Marine Audio
Wrap My Ride

Insta @dankempster
HzSandman
Pete Rose

Postby Chopper » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:33 am

HzSandman wrote:
Chopper wrote:

Lead bars. 8)

Correct. :) If only I didnt have to trailer it around. Sourcing some lead as we speak.

I only have a couple of hundred KG of lead / steel weights. Don't use them much, but when I do, I usually carry some in the ute, and some in other vehicles to spread it out a bit.

Get little carry bags made from vinyl or similar to put your ingots in. makes them east to move around plus they blend in really well.
Chopper
Vulcan
Nautique Owner

PreviousNext

• Advertisement