Postby Jasper » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:55 pm

some photos from today.......

Thanks to everyone who made a real effort to come out today to make it a great success!!! It was great to put some faces to names finally and meet some families and extras that people brought along. Shame about the flotilla that took to windsor today...... the place was wall to wall boats!!

Lewy gets the prize for coming the furthest. Thanks mate!! I need one of those SNs

Poida gets the prize for maintaining a smile even though his starter didnt share his enthusiasm for the day.

Nuffin gets the never say die prize for driving to who knows where to find a dizzy cap.

The joys of old boats!

Thanks to all again. Let's roll it out again soon!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jasper
Slurpee

Postby Jasper » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:57 pm

more pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jasper
Slurpee

Postby poida97 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:01 pm

good times guys, it was good to meet you all. We have some work to do on the pink williams too - the starter motor finally gave up. It's a bit of a shame, the river was nice and quiet at about 6pm - the perfect time to be on the water. Never mind.
At least the starter is probably the best thing that can go wrong, cheap and easy to fix.
poida97

Postby nuffinspecial » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:17 pm

so i get the boobie prize hey lol.so when is clinkerfest 10.5 lol im keen. mite have to take the old girl out again tomorrow

poida97... what starter motor do you need bud ????
out with the old and in with new
nuffinspecial
Raley

Postby poida97 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:32 pm

It's a 350 - the boat is kept at John's place, he has tomorrow off work and I think he is going to take it to the place who reco'ed it a little while back. There might be a cheaper fix than replacing it (me being a tight ar5e!). Otherwise I might look into other options like a reduction starter.
poida97

Postby nevergrew » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:07 am

Likewise guys, great to meet everyone and hang !!

BIG thanks to Bryce for organising it all, and thank you everyone for making an effort to rock up, the boats surely looked good sitting side by side on the beach.

Lewy's SN was a machine !! Now I know what all the fuss is about - ha ha ! A couple of wakeboard sets and a nice little surf confirmed this ! Thanks Mark for making the trip down and ferrying people up and down the river all day, it was VERY much appreciated mate.

Pretty happy to have mine back in action with a few sets under it's belt early in the day. Something I haven't been able to do in a while. Happy chappy !! If the water was less like a washing machine and more like a smooth river I would have used it more. Not a fan of dodging dickheadss and smashing through rollers !! Still had a lot of fun though.

Thanks all :wink:
nevergrew
Ozmosis 7
Nautique Owner

Postby ash-on-mtb » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:20 am

looks great to see all the classics lined up.

Vicco Clinkerfest? (can we steal the name:) )

Murray? Eildon?

Nice work!!
ash-on-mtb
Blind 3

Postby Bear75 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:51 am

nevergrew wrote:
Lewy's SN was a machine !! Now I know what all the fuss is about - ha ha ! A couple of wakeboard sets and a nice little surf confirmed this ! Thanks Mark for making the trip down and ferrying people up and down the river all day, it was VERY much appreciated mate.

yeah But I can also see by the pictures why people like Spectre's aswell 8) it looks so much larger than the other clinkers , looks like a very cool day.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Bear75
Whirly

Postby Instigator » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:16 am

Got a few on my phone[
Instigator

Postby Stax » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:18 am

Awesome .... love the old school boats, they are in a class of their own. Almost makes you wanna do a resto ........ almost! :D
Shake'n'Bake
Stax
Slurpee
Super Owner

Postby djgnz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:37 am

It was a good get together. Good turn out of boats too. thanks to jasper for putting it together.

Sorry i had to head off early. Pregnant wife was not feeling well with the heat so we shot off at about mid day without even getting chance wet. Still nice to see all the WAKE folks getting together.

cheers.
djgnz
Blind 3

Postby nuffinspecial » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:50 am

yeah i had leave early to as my wife is pregnant must be some thing in the air at the moment lol
nuffinspecial
Raley

Postby Big_Sean » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:06 am

poida97 wrote:It's a 350 - the boat is kept at John's place, he has tomorrow off work and I think he is going to take it to the place who reco'ed it a little while back. There might be a cheaper fix than replacing it (me being a tight ar5e!). Otherwise I might look into other options like a reduction starter.

Hey mate go a gear reduction starter i only paid about $160 for mine 3 months ago and its marine spec with 12 month warranty, got it from a bloke in melbourne, but he'll freight them any where. And they are alot easier to refit.
When i compared recoing mine to the price of a brand new 1 it wasn't worth it.
Big_Sean
Front Flip

Postby nuffinspecial » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:26 am

you can get the reduction one's on ebay cheap
nuffinspecial
Raley

Postby poida97 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:27 am

Yeah sounds like the go - we found one online for $130. Will make some phone calls and try and pick it up today.
Might repair the old starter later on and keep it as a spare.
poida97

Postby nuffinspecial » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:29 am

yeah i would. thats why i asked what motor u had as i have a spare here if you needed to use untill you get one
nuffinspecial
Raley

Postby poida97 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:55 am

Thanks heaps for the offer - I'll let you know if we run into any hassles (we have the inline bolts to suit the 12 3/4" flywheel, not the diagonal ones which are for the 14" flywheel). It's a good thing that my mate does shift work so he's able to run around and sort it out during business hours.
I'm just glad it ran fine for most of the day. I'm sure you were stoked too, after a shaky start with the dizzy cap!

poida97

Postby SMITHY08 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:33 pm

Spewin the boats not finished :(
You guys goin to have another one at the start of next season if you are deff count me in!
SMITHY08
Whirly

Postby nuffinspecial » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:36 pm

yeah i work night shift to its great some times as you said got more chance of gettin the bits you need. mate im stoked with my boat.

i reckon we need to do it agin asap clinkerfest ROCKED LOL
nuffinspecial
Raley

Postby aussie_stu » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:43 pm

looks like you boys had a ball, love the look of the black "skaten" one 8)
aussie_stu

PreviousNext

• Advertisement