Re: Matrix Owners

Postby TheFreak » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:02 pm

i'll get out the tape tonight. from memory its about 7m from ball to platform. not sure about height. i'll try and remember to measure it and let you know
TheFreak
Wake to Wake
Matrix Owner

Expression dimensions

Postby MATRIX2 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:52 pm

About 7.5 metres from end of boarding platform to towball and 2.1 metres from ground to top of folded 2011 tower and 2.7 metres with tower up. hope this helps.
MATRIX2
Surface 180
Matrix Owner

Postby matto56 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:17 pm

G'day mate I have a 2005 matrix expression centre mount from memory about 7.5m long 2.58m from guide pole to guide pole and 2.85m roughly from the ground to the top of the tow point on the tower.

Also at the top of this page there is talk about the map sensor and the revs the boat does.... I'm only asking becuase the last few times Ihave been out every now and then with perfect pass on if I accelarate hard to get the riderup and the boat on the plane perfect pass takes over and brings sets the boat to our ride speed 22.7mph but the tacho says the engine is running at like 3300 to 3400 RPM(only once and awhile). Most of the time and always if we don't accelerate hard if we just ease it up to speed it will sit on about 2700 rpm to 2800rpm at 22.7mph ??? Does anyone know what is going on or if it is anything to worry about?? We do have a 4 blade wake prop as well if this explains anything. Does this have anything to do with the map sensor?? Cheers Guys
matto56
Matrix Owner

Postby ddiddy13 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:21 am

Pane wrote:G'day

For those with an expression could you please give me a measurement from towball to the back of the boat? Also a clearance height of the tower when on the trailer?

I'm about to start a new shed and want to allow enough room for one of these as it's what I want to update too.

Cheers

Hey mate just as reference I went through the same problem a little while back and settled on 3.2m High.

IMO - 2.7/2.8 meters high is a liitle short and might limit you in the future.
ddiddy13
Raley
MB Owner

Postby Bohdimutt » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:36 pm

2002 Sorrento prop advice. Guys, Just after some advice re props. I've recently purchased a 2002 Sorrento which has an Austral 4blade prop 12"diameter, 14"pitch. My engine is a mercruiser 5.7 carby, (260hp), everything else is standard, no extra weight, fat sacs etc. I've noticed I'm only getting about 40mph and max revs of about 4100rpm, and I expected the boat to pull adult (read heavy), single skiers out a bit quicker . Can anyone with similar look under the boat and tell me what they are running for comparison.

Also, I'm looking at an Edelbrook manifold and 4barrel carb upgrade and have been advised I may get as much as 40hp more. Can anyone tell me how that will effect my current prop or if I should wait until after this upgrade before I purchase a new prop.

Cheers
Bohdimutt
Wake to Wake

Postby lewy71 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:50 pm

A would give a ACME 541(13 X 12) a try if the Sorrento has a 1' shaft or a Acme 515(13/12) if it uses a 1 1/8 shaft

First though I would check if that is the standard prop on the Sorrento's with Matrix. I does sound like a lot of pitch (14) for a 1:1 transmission.

It may be worth doing a tune up while you are at it to make sure the engine is not the culprit for those low rpms. Plugs, leads, dissy cap and rotor. Then check the timing.
lewy71
Crow-Mobe

Postby Bohdimutt » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:59 pm

Thanks Lewy71. I'm going to get a few more measurements once I upgrade the carb and manifold to an Edelbrock 4 barrel combination. It may be that the extra hp, turns my existing prop a bit quicker. Here's 'Otis', a 2002 Sorrento. Perfect Pass and Hummingbird sounder with puck transducer and some new rims the only mods since I bought her in October.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bohdimutt
Wake to Wake

Postby mattwilly » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:11 pm

G'day Guys,

Here's my 05 Centremount Expression. I'm only a novice rider so the expression is overkill for my needs but I'm loving it. Only had it out 4 or so times due to the weather. Can't wait for summer to come around 8) . We spend most of the time in the water at Murray Bridge.

Cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mattwilly
Surface 180
Matrix Owner

Postby Jgroutch10 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:38 pm

Nice boat mate. Looks awesome. The expression will take your riding to the next level!
Jgroutch10
Surface 180

Postby mitch1989 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:21 am

If anyone is looking to join the Matrix family our 2005 Sorrento has just gone in the classifieds:

buysell/single_ad.php?ad_id=3609

Excellent cross-over boat with an awesome wake with the ballast full and 5-6 passengers
mitch1989

Postby ikillspies » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:04 pm

Hi everyone

I own a 2005 matrix expression centre mount. I'm interested in increasing the ballast. I read earlier that a premade sac to fit under the bow seats can be purchased. Does anyone know which one this? Any other info anyone had would be appreciated also. I work away and would like to order parts and have a definitive plan ready when I get home. My email is dylansmith@westnet.com.au if you want to send pics ect. I will post pics when I'm done.

Cheers Dylan
ikillspies
Surface 180

Postby feral » Fri May 22, 2015 5:13 pm

picked up our new boat the other week - a small teething problem hopefully all sorted and looking to get out for a ride tomorrow (we had a heater fitted!).

very happy as are the grots.
"Snappers Paradise" - Swan Reach, SA
Matrix Expression MVS "Hakuna Matata 2"

www.facebook.com/SnappersWakeCrew?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

[i]sometimes you race as hard as you can but just can't get away from the Snapperheads[/i]
feral
Toe 720

Postby southern33 » Sat May 30, 2015 9:41 am

Yep, very nice upgrade there feral! I love what matrix is doing these days. Will be a lot safer for the kids with the extra freeboard compared to the X factor, as you know they can become rather low with lots of ballast on board and that's something that will inevitably happen as your kids get older. Also it's just nicer driving a big boat, everything is that much smoother. Well done, all the best to the kids with the comps next season, Iam sure they'll get plenty of practice between now and then!
southern33
Raley
Nautique Owner

Postby feral » Sat May 30, 2015 6:28 pm

yep. we were carrying too much weight in the x-factor to get the wake and it just wasn't designed for it whereas this MVS has 1100 all on pumps all hidden away neatly.

the x-factor was still a great boat and I am sure someone will enjoy it for many years to come.

kids are coming along real quick but still nothing like the eastern states kids who get out so much more. will probably be out for a spin over the long weekend.

[i]sometimes you race as hard as you can but just can't get away from the Snapperheads[/i]
feral
Toe 720

Postby feral » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:09 am

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=37394&p=492714#p492714

Anybody fitted piggy back ballast in an expression?

Would be keen to hear experiences.

feral
Toe 720

Postby feral » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:10 am

ikillspies wrote:Hi everyone

I own a 2005 matrix expression centre mount. I'm interested in increasing the ballast. I read earlier that a premade sac to fit under the bow seats can be purchased. Does anyone know which one this? Any other info anyone had would be appreciated also. I work away and would like to order parts and have a definitive plan ready when I get home. My email is dylansmith@westnet.com.au if you want to send pics ect. I will post pics when I'm done.

Cheers Dylan

Had a look at the bag in my expression - didn't spot any labels but looks quite generic - maybe ring Neil at matrix and ask him.
Cheers

feral
Toe 720

Postby Alwaysawake » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:33 am

It's been a while
Alwaysawake
Matrix Owner

Location: Inland Sunshine Coast Rides: Somerset sum Perserverance

Previous

• Advertisement