Postby mattyb21 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:40 pm

I tried to replace the MAP sensor today but was unable to get the old one off, the bracket can’t be removed because the bolt is very close to the bend in the bracket and you can only fit an open ended spanner on it and there is no room for an open ended spanner, there is a relay mounted on the same bracket so I removed it, then I removed the hose to the MAP sensor but there is not enough room between the mounting bracket and the plenium to remove the sensor so it is still on there, I removed the new MAP sensor from its bracket and fitted the hose to it and cable tied it to the bracket where the relay came from without kinking or stretching the hose, I cable tied the relay to the CPU bracket, sounds really messy but it actually doesn’t look too bad. Next I fired the motor up, it started OK and no black smoke, no residue in the water out of the exhaust other than a very small amount left from the last time we ran it. Next step off to the dam. Fired it up at the dam, no problems, sounded a little different than it used to but sounded good, headed off across the dam at a fast idle and sounded different but good, gave it half throttle, sounded very sweet, tacho revs vs speed were different to what it used to read, I think that 2500 revs used to be 20mph now it is about 1 for 1, 2500rpm, 25mph, not really sure but really doesn’t matter. Ran it for about 20 minutes no issues, but I hadn’t really tried to put it in the situation to make it fail, all gauges read good, temp 175, oil pressure 45psi, volts 13-14v.

Stopped the boat, shut the motor down and then fired it up again, no issues. So now I got a bit braver and tried the make it fail, which I had been able to do previously but no problems. I ran the boat for another 2 hrs, fast, slow, hard acceleration, cruising, stop, start, shut down, restart and it never missed a beat, all gauges still good.
mattyb21
Wake to Wake

Postby up2mischief » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:27 am

howdy!

here's my first boat, went for the matrix expression centre mount. missus skis so it was better choice than mvs. she's an 06, MX6.2, pretty clean overall, 330hrs, great stereo. im happy with it, runs well. what have you guys done about perfect pass and depth gauge? i want to put somthing in mine and need advice.

cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
up2mischief
Fashion Air

Postby TheFreak » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:16 pm

i'm running the mercruser smart-tow and depthsounder so i can't really advise you on what to get. maby give matrix a call and ask what they recommend, or try the dealer for your state.
TheFreak
Wake to Wake
Matrix Owner

Postby g-mantrix » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:32 pm

when I owned my sorrento, 2006 model, I purchased a Stargazer PP from G Hind on this site, purchased a hawkeye depth gauge direct from supplier in the States, and fitted both of these myself. No problems with either units and worked perfectly
Nothing To Lose
g-mantrix
Mastercraft Owner

Postby mattyb21 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:45 pm

So, we tooke the boat out again this weekend gone and she's running perfectly, hasn't missed a beat, and it's like having a new boat all over again, lol.

up2mischief: I'm looking for the same setup too, possibly perfect pass and a depth gauge, let me know what you choose, and how it goes.
mattyb21
Wake to Wake

Postby up2mischief » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Yeah mattyb, i'll let ya know which way i go.

How many of ya'z hav got a wake plate? I read through the pages of discussion on it. Do matrix offer 1 as an option or do you have to buy aftermarket?
up2mischief
Fashion Air

Postby COLZE » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:57 am

up2mischief wrote:Yeah mattyb, i'll let ya know which way i go.

How many of ya'z hav got a wake plate? I read through the pages of discussion on it. Do matrix offer 1 as an option or do you have to buy aftermarket?

by "wake plate" do u mean a wedge like malibu have or the trim tab?
matrix dont use a wedge like malibu so u cant get one of them.
u can get a trim tab fitted but this isnt for making a larger wake.
it smooths out the wake and also pushes the nose down for higher speed so is better suited for skiing.

if u want bigger wake install the nose ballast. we did it on our expression and it made a noticable difference.
COLZE

Postby schills » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:06 pm

Hey mate congrats on the Expression....

The wake plate or trim tab is a $1250.00 option in the current Matrix price list.

I don't own one myself but it meant to flatten the wake for those that want to ski behind their Expression.

Matrix would sell you one but you would to have to fit and wire it up yourself.
schills
Whirly
Super Owner

Postby up2mischief » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:08 pm

Sweet, thanks for the info. Yeah my missus skis so it might come in handy.
up2mischief
Fashion Air

Postby COLZE » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:12 am

up2mischief wrote:Sweet, thanks for the info. Yeah my missus skis so it might come in handy.

its definately the go for skiing.
not only does it flatten out the wash for skiing but it helps stop the expression from porposing at higher speeds.

the nose ballast will do the same thing (ie run nose ballast only with no centre or rear ballast) and gives u the added of more ballast for wake when u fill the centre and rear ballast.
COLZE

Postby crf250rider » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:11 pm

do matrix make a sac which fits under the front seats?, id be super keen to get one if they did
If you cant take the wake, stay off the lake!
crf250rider
Fashion Air
Matrix Owner
Malibu Owner

Postby COLZE » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:15 am

crf250rider wrote:do matrix make a sac which fits under the front seats?, id be super keen to get one if they did

my understanding si that matrix themselves dont make the sac.
its just like a fly-high u shaped sac that anyone can buy.

when i did my one i just put in a normal 250L sac under the front seat in front of the esky.
it bend around the sides a bit.
i plumbed it up to the existing centre ballast pump with a valve so i could fill/empty it from the exting centre ballast switch on the dash.
the valve was in the locker under the dash.
so turn the valve to the nose ballast and hit the switch on the dash and the nose ballast would fill.
turn the valve to centre balast and hit the switch on the dash and the centre ballast would fill.
same for emptying.
worked a treat.
all up it cost me about $200.

u can add another jabsco pump but then the price will eb up around $600 by the time u buy the pump etc.

best mod i ever did to my expression.
COLZE

Postby cmp » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:17 am

up2mischief wrote:howdy!

here's my first boat, went for the matrix expression centre mount. missus skis so it was better choice than mvs. she's an 06, MX6.2, pretty clean overall, 330hrs, great stereo. im happy with it, runs well. what have you guys done about perfect pass and depth gauge? i want to put somthing in mine and need advice.

cheers

I have ordered a new expression and did a fair bit of research into the gauge area

Faria.... which is the brand name on all your gauges do a depth gauge which Neil at matrix marine has off the shelf at the moment and a fuel management gauge / system coming from USA (ALL FARIA)
You will have to replace your taco with a taco/hour gauge which is off the shelf also, if you want both and need the dash space
Check out the faria web site for more details.
Neil at matrix didn't know about the fuel managenent system untill now and is excited about this option for future orders as it is a much cheaper option to offer customers, it has to be ordered from USA which takes a while...don't know the exact price but both gauges fitted will be around the $500 each ish, this is a huge savings from a perfict pass system, especially if you are only getting it for the fuel usage side..
Not bagging perfict pass at all but I PERSONALLY would only use the fuel management part of it and using a faria fuel management system is a lot of saving $$$ for the information i require.
I hope this helps a lot of you out there
Great forum by the way (-:
cmp
Surface 180

Postby imx » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:24 am

I would rather replace my 'taco' for a burrito personally. :lol:
imx
Slurpee

Postby cmp » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:30 am

imx wrote:I would rather replace my 'taco' for a burrito personally. :lol:

Tachometer.... yep another spelling error (-: cheers
cmp
Surface 180

Postby BigTim2 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:34 am

guys,
a friend is chasing the wake prop for a centre mount...does anyone know the pitch/part number so i can help them out??
Cheers Big tim.
BigTim2

Postby darth » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:48 pm

ACME 1 1/8" Bore LH Rotation 4 Blade CNC Prop

Part # 1467 12.50 dia x 12.125 pitch .060 cup 4 1 1/8" LH
Part # 1469 12.50 dia x 12.50 pitch .080 cup 4 1 1/8" LH

I use the 1469 on the sorrento but have cut it back to a 12 Diameter.

1467 would be the go for a Expression centre mount or a sorrento.Both are no good for rear mounts and you will need to buy an adaptor to go from a 1 inch shaft to the 1 1/8 prop if its a earlier boat.Think the later ones have a 1 1/8 shaft.Adaptors can be purchased here in Ozz for about $30
Go high or go home!!!!
If it aint broke dont fix it!!!
darth
Crow-Mobe

Postby Moso » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:17 pm

Hey Guys. Just checking where people have mounted their thru hull transducer on their Sorrento's.

I have just bought a hawkeye depth gauge and would like to make sure I get it right the first go.

Thanks in advance.

Aaron.
Moso
Wake to Wake

Postby Repo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:08 pm

Moso wrote:Hey Guys. Just checking where people have mounted their thru hull transducer on their Sorrento's.

I have just bought a hawkeye depth gauge and would like to make sure I get it right the first go.

Thanks in advance.

Aaron.

You can mount them internally. No hole required. Set it at the lowest point of the hull ( towards rear), it will read through the hull.
Repo
OHH

Postby Moso » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:19 pm

Sounds easy except I also need it to do water temp.
Moso
Wake to Wake

PreviousNext

• Advertisement