GoPro Mount for snowboarding

Postby wakeboardgirl1521 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:30 pm

Just wondering if there's anyone on here that also snowboards and has a GoPro? I'm heading up for a weekend soon and wanted to know what mount etc. I should use for my GoPro. I've seen some videos filmed with a chest mount but they seem to be rather boring, as you don't really see much of the rider. I've also seen videos shot using a pole, not sure how hard it would be to ride while holding that, but I am willing to give it a go.
Also, I will be riding with a group of people. What's the best for filming other people as well?
Thanks so much :D
wakeboardgirl1521
Matrix Owner

Re: GoPro Mount for snowboarding

Postby g-mantrix » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:54 pm

Suction mount and have that safety thing attached in case
Nothing To Lose
g-mantrix
Mastercraft Owner

Postby nevergrew » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:03 pm

Riding with a pole is easy. I just use the small pipe clamp mount and chuck it on a ski pole. It creates the smoothest vid quality. Point it to yourself or other people.
nevergrew
Ozmosis 7
Nautique Owner

Postby thekid9012 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:01 pm

We got some awesome footage last year by wearing a chest mount backwards.. yep so the camera is on your back. Great footage if you ride in front of the rest of your crew and have people come up pretty close behind you. Sweet for park laps too if you're pretty sure of your jumping ability and have one of your mates throwing down following pretty close behind you. Not too sure how well it will work for a snowboarder as the guy wearing the camera, in our crew the camera guy was a skier. Didn't want others knowing he hungout with a skiier.. :lol:
thekid9012
Slurpee
Malibu Owner

• Advertisement