HOW NOT TO DEAL WITH PEOPLE!

Postby Daz311 » Sat May 10, 2014 9:27 am

So i just got back from the airport and to say i'm agro is an understatement, i was on my way interstate to look at a boat which i had seen on another classifieds site. I had spoken to the guy a couple of times this week and agreed on a price subject to inspection. The guy was aware i was travelling from intersate and i was coming to look at the boat and travelling for no other reason. The last time we communicated was about midday yesterday when he text me the address, So i turn my phone off last night to save the battery for when i'm interstate, while i'm standing in the que to board this morning i turn my phone on mainly to check my emails. So there's a text their from this guy saying he's taken a deposit on the boat @ 9pm last night.
Carma's coming for him!!!~
BTW - I'm looking for an 06-07 VLX up to mid fifty's (and of course i'm willing to travel).
Daz311
Fashion Air

Re: HOW NOT TO DEAL WITH PEOPLE!

Postby Mr_Expression » Sun May 11, 2014 8:25 am

Did you place a deposit? If not he has every right to sell it to someone who has put down cash. When you didn't answer he probably figured u weren't interested anymore, mobile are so you can be reached and if you didn't put cash down how was he to know you were serious

Sorry but if your not prepared to put down a deposit, then these things are going to happen,

That is the way things have always worked when selling first in best dressed and as you yourself state he did msg you the night before, I think carma is got you for turning your phone off, haven't you heard of a charger
Mr_Expression
Raley

Postby nevergrew » Sun May 11, 2014 10:21 am

Mr_Expression wrote:Did you place a deposit? If not he has every right to sell it to someone who has put down cash. When you didn't answer he probably figured u weren't interested anymore, mobile are so you can be reached and if you didn't put cash down how was he to know you were serious

Yep what he ^ said.
nevergrew
Ozmosis 7
Nautique Owner

Postby goldman » Sun May 11, 2014 6:20 pm

yeah he's in the wrong, you're in the wrong, wouldn't worry to much about it . For the next 4 months or so boats r cheaper so try and get the best deal you can.!
goldman
Tigé Owner

Postby Inguneer » Mon May 12, 2014 7:21 pm

Using texting to set up a $50K+ purchase is probably not a good start. If your mobile was the only form of communication then what was he to do?

Consider it a "learning" experience and move on. It was Karma telling you it wasn't the right boat.
Inguneer
Pete Rose
Nautique Owner

Postby d1 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:31 am

You should be pissed off, you set up an appointment to come from interstate ffs, any credible seller would tell people there is a person flying in tomorrow. You don't put deposits before seeing the item.
d1
Whirly
Sleekline Owner

Postby pawlo » Thu May 22, 2014 4:18 pm

no deposit.
its not sold.
simple as that.
pawlo
Fashion Air

Postby Skier1 » Thu May 22, 2014 8:29 pm

Iv'e sold quite a number of items ,cars ,boat ,motorbikes etc . The amount of people who say they are going to turn up and never do is downright annoying, they too say that they are extremely interested and ready to buy.When I sold my boat to a guy 2500 kms away I sent him a large amount of photos via email so as he knew exactly what he was getting. He then sent a deposit and paid the remainder when he picked it up.
As far as I am concerned the first in with the deposit is the new owner.
You cannot expect the seller to miss out on a prospective sale if no deposit has been paid.If you are pretty sure if its the boat you want give a small deposit, the worst that can happen is you loose it ,a small price to pay for not missing out on the purchase if its the boat you really want.
The main thing that annoys me when selling is people trying to knock the price down before they even have a look at the item for sale.
Skier1
Blind 180

Postby sonnyMcDowell » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:25 pm

Got an 06 wakesetter with a 400hp in it for 50g it's the one in this edit http://vimeo.com/60309855 located in newcastle
sonnyMcDowell

• Advertisement