Houseboat on the Murray

Postby Skier1 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:46 pm

I am currently looking into hiring a houseboat on the Murray for 4 -5 nights . There are 3-4 couples going ,not taking any of our boats its just going to be a relaxing week meandering up and down the river. I have been looking at the different areas to go , Echuca ,Mildura etc and wondering if anyone else has done this or live down that way and could advise what they would do .It doesnt matter how far we need to drive as we are going to make it a 2 week trip to have a bit of a look around on the way down and back. We are looking at going possibly during the winter ?? or does it get too cold down that way for houseboating ?? Any ideas or experiences would be appreciated ,there is a heap of info on the net but nothing like a voice of experience.Thanks . :D
Skier1
Blind 180

Re: Houseboat on the Murray

Postby allycat » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:30 pm

great i dear will watch this thread
allycat
Wake to Wake

Postby g-mantrix » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:16 pm

Head across to SA and get on a houseboat at Mannum?? And cruise up from there, great sights and river much wider
Nothing To Lose
g-mantrix
Mastercraft Owner

Postby Skier1 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:30 pm

Had a look at that and this time its just that little too far to go . Prefer something closer .
Skier1
Blind 180

Postby Arron » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:40 pm

We get a houseboat every January in Mildura (and we take boats) and it's so much fun, fantastic holiday!

I will say this though, we went on a houseboat in July (Echuca) and it was not much fun at all. You can't go for a swim, because the water is ~7C, you don't lounge around up on the top deck because it's freezing up there. You end up sitting inside most of the time, so get one with a good heater if going in winter!
Arron
Front Flip
Nautique Owner

Postby tommygray92 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:07 pm

http://www.mildurahouseboats.com.au/pure-paradise/

Bit of a plug only because my parents own this boat... however the fleet and its managerial staff are good to deal with, also depending on budget constraints I would recommend as many features as possible that are not so much luxury as they are practical. I would include automatic power if possible, maximum amount of bathrooms, layout of the boat, if possible a diesel generator, only for the reasons of noise. Just my 2 cents having spent a fair bit of awesome time on houseboats not only my parent's boat but other boats in the fleet as well.
tommygray92
Blind 3

Location: Ballarat ride murray river mildura or anywhere in the western district

• Advertisement