ladies kneeboard

Postby brett_m » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:15 am

hi all,
after getting the boat for the family for christmas we have been going flat out in it since. my wife has been doing a lot of the driving so i can can ski / board with the kids, she has not really shown any interest in skiing or boarding so i never really pushed it, however we went to bonnie doon on Aus day and she said she would like to try the kneeboard (an old $30 ebay special) so she jumped in the deep and on her first attempt she was up and loving it, by the end of the day she was cutting from side to side and getting a little air as she was crossing the wake. the smile on her face was priceless.
so after finally getting my wife to get behind the boat and seeing how much fun she had on the kneeboard, i have decided to get her a good board of her own for her birthday in 2 weeks, i was thinking a fibreglass board with a budget of around $300 - $400.
what should i be looking for?
where should i look? in melbourne
do i need to spend that much?
i would like to keep the board looking girly if i can just so she thinks its hers (if i were to buy a joker she would be suss haha)

cheers
brett_m
Wake to Wake
Skicraft Owner
Tigé Owner

Re: ladies kneeboard

Postby Magwheeler » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:27 pm

Sister in law rides a jobe aurora. Pink and all for the girly looks. Think they go for about 450 from shops. Wish mine would get behind the boat again.
Magwheeler
Fashion Air

Postby Luke00 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:19 pm

+ 1 on the Jobe. The Supernova is the same board with different graphics. Decent board in the upper end of the price range you are looking at. It is a fast board and therefore great for spins but not much pop. Still a good starting point.

Whatever you do don't get a plastic board as you will be buying another board soon after. My kids(11, 9 and 6) wouldn't ride a plastic board anymore, although everyone fights to get on the Joker instead of the Supanova. It is virtually impossible to go back to a plastic after riding a fibreglass board.
Luke00
Wake to Wake

Postby nevergrew » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:41 pm

My wife and her friend both have Ronix Krush boards/bindings. Super light, forgiving, easy carvers and affordable.
nevergrew
Ozmosis 7
Nautique Owner

Postby brett_m » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:08 pm

nevergrew wrote:My wife and her friend both have Ronix Krush boards/bindings. Super light, forgiving, easy carvers and affordable.

ill keep that in mind if i ever get her back on a wakeboard haha, :D
brett_m
Wake to Wake
Skicraft Owner
Tigé Owner

Postby Intheday » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:12 pm

Our friends have a Jobe and they are happy with it. The did notice that the knee pads seem closer together than some other non female orientated boards
Intheday
Fashion Air

Postby nevergrew » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:18 pm

brett_m wrote:
nevergrew wrote:My wife and her friend both have Ronix Krush boards/bindings. Super light, forgiving, easy carvers and affordable.

ill keep that in mind if i ever get her back on a wakeboard haha, :D

Whoops sorry man, never read the kneeboard bit haha
nevergrew
Ozmosis 7
Nautique Owner

Postby coody » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:11 pm

Not technically a ladies specific board and prolly a bit above your budget but a radar Denunzio is the bomb!

I got a new one recently and it's soooo good, very predictable, good pop and landings, comfy pad.

Good board to progress quickly on
coody
Off Axis 5
Flightcraft Owner

Postby Luke00 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:55 am

coody wrote:Not technically a ladies specific board and prolly a bit above your budget but a radar Denunzio is the bomb!

I got a new one recently and it's soooo good, very predictable, good pop and landings, comfy pad.

I'm sure it is a great board and want to get on one soon but if you can get one for between $300-400 then let me know because I will have 2.
Luke00
Wake to Wake

Postby gotkeith » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:25 am

Luke00 wrote:
coody wrote:Not technically a ladies specific board and prolly a bit above your budget but a radar Denunzio is the bomb!

I'm sure it is a great board and want to get on one soon but if you can get one for between $300-400 then let me know because I will have 2.

HO make the Element Ladies Edition - retail at $399 - tried and trusted brand and boards. The Element is one of the staple kneeboards.
gotkeith
Blender

Postby Pane » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:27 pm

G'day

Is it just for her or will others be using it too?

If its an everyone board then get on the denunzio, my misses reckons the pad is alot nicer to sit in due to its shallow curves. I've just started riding one after a coupla years on a 5150 (for which the misses hated). Much more neutral riding position and can be riding sedately or flat out. Because of its neutral riding position it's great for kids to learn on as we'll. it also has adjustable strap mounts which means for kids you can move the strap forward to give more control.

If its just for her then I would convince her to ride each board if you can so she knows what is more comfortable for her. At te end of the day the more comfy she is the happy she will be. Happy wife happy life :D

Cheers
Pane
Blind 180

• Advertisement