What happened to LIQUID MALISHA

Postby fluffy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:42 pm

Hey guys. Does anyone know how to get into contact with this clown that is now running liquid malisha.
We bought a couple of things months ago, and never received any thing. Have Emailed, left messages on FB, tried calling the number, never got any responses.
If anyone personally knows him, it would be great if you could give any contact details to resolve his poor business manners.
Also, I'm not the only one having these issues.
fluffy
Slurpee
Nautique Owner

Re: What happened to LIQUID MALISHA

Postby nevergrew » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:44 pm

Such a shame. I was a massive LM fan. Bought quite a bit of stuff while Ben owned it, but haven't bothered since. The women's range is minimal, the kids range has GONE and the men's clothing is dated IMO. Can get everything I bought previously from LM from Jet Pilot now, and IMO it's better.

Hope you get your stuff Fluff, or at least a refund. I know there's a bit of anger over on their FB page.
nevergrew
Ozmosis 7
Nautique Owner

Postby Angela » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:03 am

from the fb page, back in September:

Ben Tolson the founder of Liquid Malisha has decided to hang up the old wake boots and is now moving onto new challenges in life.
Ben has said " that he has loved the last 10 years running Liquid Malisha and building it into the brand it is now".
Liquid Malisha was started in 2002 and has enjoyed steady growth since it was founded. "I am looking forward
to spending more time with my family, and being able to take holidays in summer time, something that hasn't happened since starting Liquid Malisha".
Liquid Malisha has now been taken over by Justin Shephard. "Justin is a great bloke and has been involved with Liquid Malisha over the last couple of years, he
has some great plans on the next stage of growth, with his main focus of getting Liquid Malisha gear back into all the Wakeboarding stores around Australia" Ben has said.
" I would like to thank everyone for their support over the last 10 years, and all the guys we have sponsored too. Its an exciting time for me and I
know the right guy has taken the reins of Liquid Malisha and big things are ahead" Ben finishes with.
Justin's email address is justin@liquidmalisha.com.au or hit him up with any questions on the Liquid Malisha Facebook page.

All the address details on the fb page say canberra now, so maybe that will help a little? good luck. such a shame when it was such a credit to australian wakeboarding for such a long time....
Angela
KGB

Postby fluffy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:58 am

yeah we've tried all the current contacts. I'll keep trying. I got a couple of messages of fellas on here with other contact details...so fingers crossed.

It sure is a shame to see what was such a great company fall to pieces because of the lack of interest and decency. When Ben ran it he always went out of his way to look after his customers...

IMO spread the word not to buy anything from the store unless you want to lose your cash.... :roll:
fluffy
Slurpee
Nautique Owner

Postby fluffy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:50 am

He finally answered the phone about two weeks ago, listened to a big sob story. He gave me his word that the orders from december last year and january this year would be posted as he is going through all the orders.

Suprise suprise, still nothing. I guess i'm one of the lucky ones, as the orders weren't crazy expensive... still sucks though!

Just really sad to see a reputable Aussie company fall to pieces...... So much effort would have gone into getting it where it was 12 months ago.

We can only hope what goes around comes around hey!
fluffy
Slurpee
Nautique Owner

Postby cam » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:18 pm

It is a pity as I know Ben put a lot of his life into the brand.
cam

Postby waysouth » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:51 pm

cam wrote:It is a pity as I know Ben put a lot of his life into the brand.

So often the case when a business changes hands that they go backwards. I hope the new owner can pull it around but in not hopeful.

Fluffy can you not get the bank to reverse the transaction?
waysouth
Blind 3

Postby Simba » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:14 am

i believe you can reverse a transaction up to 3 months later, maybe more
Member 7769
Simba

Postby goldman » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:24 pm

they r still posing updates on facebook. :) It is a shame they don't send you the stuff, will not be ordering any more stuff off them.
goldman
Tigé Owner

Postby Inguneer » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:34 am

I guess this is one of the situations where the buyer protection of Paypal or some Credit Cards is worth it.

Has anyone actually received any gear that has been ordered? A mate of mine has some hardly used size 36 boardies and ride shorts that he would like to sell as he lost a lot of weight. Let me know if anyone is interested and I will put them in the classifieds.
Inguneer
Pete Rose
Nautique Owner

Postby fluffy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:16 am

Yeah going through the PayPal routine to hopefully get the money back.

Glad to make people aware of what he is doing, so they don't waste there hard earned cash with him.

Thanks fellas
fluffy
Slurpee
Nautique Owner

Postby gavo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:47 am

Not sure if any was at board stock for the Penrith stop. He was selling all his gear cheap. I'm taking $15 for ride shorts. Something like $45 for wheelie bags. Must be either off loading old gear or trying to flood the market!
gavo
Fashion Air

Postby Temet » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:27 pm

This is really sad to hear.

Sad for people who have lost money paying for product that never arrives.

Real sad that a company that I know Ben put so much time and effort into for so long, got it to where it was and then down the toilet it goes at the hands of someone else.

Pretty frustrating that new owner has time to update facebook and even sell gear at events but can't send out gear to people who have ordered and paid for it.

I would be finding out where the next event might be that he will be selling stuff at and go pay him a face to face visit.
I was Born sideways
Temet
Tantrum

Postby wazzamc » Sat May 04, 2013 7:01 pm

Wish I read this post prior to ordering three hoodies on the 6th april. Website states orders posted daily. Sent a text to the mobile number listed on website after a week. Asking expected delivery date no response. Sent another text 4 days later, no response.

Placed a Search on wake.com.au found this thread . Then realized that a new owner had taken liquid malisha over and not to expect the same excellent service that Ben had given me on previous purchases.

Started trying to ring this new owner. finally got hold of him got given sob story about him braking his phone screen and unable to read text messages. Also blamed some young bloke who was looking after his website sales .
Got told he had sacked him and would look after it personally. This Justin promised he would ring me back as soon he got home in about 30 minutes. STILL WAITING FOR THAT CALL!!!!!!!!

That was 10 days ago still no delivery no call , tried texting this new owner again no response must of cracked his phone screen again????

Have now lodged a claim with PayPal for refund. I wonder how many other people he has pissed off.
wazzamc
Surface 180

Postby goldman » Sat May 04, 2013 8:23 pm

There was a rider at bli- bli the other day with shorts vest and board, that one was worn out said he's getting a new one- still giving product to his riders, still posting stuff on Facebook all the new gear looks good , question is will it get posted to you :?
goldman
Tigé Owner

Postby thekid9012 » Sat May 04, 2013 8:41 pm

you guys have to stop hailing ben as a god and that its gone downhill after he sold the company, if you knew ANYTHING about what was happening at the time ben was running it into the ground long before Justin took it over. last year for the american season he had his pro riders screaming for gear for their summer and got absolutely squat from him. There is still LM material sitting in a factory in china ready to be made into boardies and ride shorts for over 2 years, production totally seized back in like march last year, yes Justin isn't great at sending out orders that have been paid for but he has taken a total lead on all the new gear hes been displaying on facebook and it will be available soon.
thekid9012
Slurpee
Malibu Owner

Postby goldman » Sat May 04, 2013 9:57 pm

To me it looked over when I got rope, boardies ride shorts and clothes for cheap as , Ben -Justin who cares- don't take people's money if you can't supply goods . It's that simple is it not.
goldman
Tigé Owner

Postby Inguneer » Sun May 05, 2013 11:34 am

goldman wrote:To me it looked over when I got rope, boardies ride shorts and clothes for cheap as , Ben -Justin who cares- don't take people's money if you can't supply goods . It's that simple is it not.

I agree. There has been a lot of excuses for whatever is going on, but advertising product - taking payment - and not supplying it just not on. It has also been going on for a long time.

Consumer confidence is important, especially when buying online. I have bought a lot of LM gear in the past, but if I went to purchase again I would be asking myself if I am going to get the gear, and if its worth the hassle.
Inguneer
Pete Rose
Nautique Owner

Postby bob_d » Sun May 05, 2013 3:38 pm

thekid9012 wrote:you guys have to stop hailing ben as a god and that its gone downhill after he sold the company, if you knew ANYTHING about what was happening at the time ben was running it into the ground long before Justin took it over. last year for the american season he had his pro riders screaming for gear for their summer and got absolutely squat from him. There is still LM material sitting in a factory in china ready to be made into boardies and ride shorts for over 2 years, production totally seized back in like march last year, yes Justin isn't great at sending out orders that have been paid for but he has taken a total lead on all the new gear hes been displaying on facebook and it will be available soon.

I think you should probably review this post, publicly defaming someone who has received nothing but praise and supported Australian wakeboarding since the beginning is a pretty silly idea. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but some a better left unsaid
bob_d

Postby goldman » Sun May 05, 2013 6:55 pm

ok "thekid9012" may know justin and thinks hes a good guy,if so get him on here let people know whats going on, cos he wont have a good business
if people just keep bagging out LM.I know ben used to be on here thats how i found out about LM, so maybe he should fess up as well.
Either way- LM may recover or no-one will buy stuff and thats it. :o
my rope which i got for maybe $9.95 with an order is still going strong, so gotta wonder why it was so cheap? website said the blue coating would fall to bits but it has lasted. :D
i hope everyone gets the gear they paid for!
goldman
Tigé Owner

Next

• Advertisement